Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Thanksgiving is always a magical time of the year for me.  I try to be grateeful throughout the year, but there is something very special about sitting around the table with the people who make me who I am. Be they family or friends, they all contribute to me being Meta or Almeta or Miss Almeta.  We have a tradition of standing around the table before the meal and each member of the group saying out loud what they are most thankful for at that moment or that they have been grateful for during the year.  It is moving to hear what the people close to me are grateful for, sometimes things that I am aware of and then there are things that I had no idea about.  It is warm and magical to have all of the love and turkey in one place.
I love the interactions between the adults and children and the in-betweens (not old enough to hang out with the adults, but wayyyyto old to be with the children.)  I see a lot of me in my childhood in those moments.
I am grateful for my family and loving friends.  I am thankful for the love and happiness and the not so great things that cuase us to pull together and hold on tight to each other.  I love and am thankful for the strength that I draw from the conversations that I have throughout the year with both friends and family.  I don't get to spend enough time with my family or friends but it does not stop the love and the gratitude that you are a part of me, that they  have touched or are touching me in ways that keep me strong and moving forward.
I wish these feelings for you and your family and friends.  From the bottom of my heart I want to wish you the best Thanksgiving yet.
 Happy Thankgiving from me and mine to you and yours!




No comments: